Listers, SPL’s list of 12 Catholic Blogs Worth Your Time garnered a large lister response of other notable Catholics blogs. As promised, we’ve composed a list of the 25 lister recommended blogs. SPL has also articulated a list of the Top 10 Catholic News Sites, which includes popular sites such as New Advent and the National Catholic Register.
25 Lister Recommended Catholic Blogs
The following are listed according to the order in which they were mentioned in the comment box of SPL’s 12 Catholic Blogs Worth Your Time.
1. Called to Communion – Where the “Reformation meets Rome”
2. Shameless Popery – Wonderful Catholic insight with papist effrontery
3. Almost not Catholic – “Why I am Catholic and other things about that…”
4. St. Joseph’s Vanguard – Lay apologist with quality catechetical posts
5. Truth and Charity – A group of writers with an evangelical mindset
6. Ignitum Today - “The social network of the JPII and BXVI generations.”
7. New Theological Movement – A focus on the “hermeneutic of continuity.”
8. Bad Catholic – Droll sarcastic posts on a wide range of subjects
9. Battle of the Core of the World – Catholicism vs Secular Humanism
10. Canon Law Blog: In Light of the Law – Fantastic Canon Law commentary
11. Monsignor Charles Pope - Priest of the Archdiocese of Washington
12. Shirt of Flame – “Ex-lawyer, ex-barfly, Catholic convert,” memoirs and more
13. Betty Duffy – Mother of five writes on various subjects
14. Catholic Bible Blogspot – Timothy, a high school teacher with an S.T.B.
15. Catholic Education and Resource Center - A myriad of Catholic subjects
16. The Catholic Thing – “A forum of intelligent Catholic commentary.”
17. Conversion Diary – Jennifer Fulwiler’s blog, a writer for NC Register
18. Quodcumque Dixerit – Sharing counter-cultural Catholic views
19. Fr. Ray Blake’s Blog – A priest shares his thoughts from the UK
20. The Hermeneutic of Continuity – Fr Finigan of the Archdiocese of Southwark
21. Sensible Bond - “From the geopolitical epicentre of the culture of death..”
22. Women of Grace – A Catholic apostolate affirming women in their dignity
23. Edward Feser – Professor of Philosophy at the Pasadena City College
24. Priests for Life – Priests and laity working for a culture of life
25. Fr. Barron’s Word on Fire – Extensive theological and cultural commentary
Listers, if there are still more Catholic blogs out there you would share with friends and family, let us know and we’ll post them. If there are blogs in the list you do not think should be shared, let us know that as well.